Stillwater Associates is a civil engineering consultancy based in Reigate, Surrey that specialises in dams and reservoirs. Our current team consists of 6 engineers working from our Reigate office and 20 part-time engineers working from home offices throughout England and Wales. Our primary business is the inspection and assessment of large reservoirs followed by the design and supervision of remedial works to ensure public safety and compliance with the Reservoirs Act 1975.
This growing engineering consultancy requires a part-time Project Administrator to manage all aspects of the company’s work and processes. This role is initially as maternity cover (for 12 months) with the possibility of a permanent contract being available at the end of this contract (dependent on performance and company growth).
Your core responsibilities will be
- Providing project and administrative support to both office-based engineers and remotely located engineers.
- Managing our reservoir portfolio to ensure our technical review process is implemented and statutory reports are issued correctly and in a timely manner.
- Preparing / managing / updating company policies and procedures and informing / training staff on changes where required.
- Managing, preparing and updating company documents such as marketing materials, CVs, website content, social media etc
- Assisting with collation of data and processing of supplier applications to clients
- Assisting in preparation of standard company information for fee proposals / tenders
- Arranging / booking staff travel arrangements
- Create and maintain technical project records accurately and methodically within Excel, Word, Databases and our customised web based client portal
- Managing your time efficiently to enable the data to be processed by the appropriate deadlines
The applicant will need to show the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Motivated and proactive team player who is also capable of working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Previous experience of administering processes and issuing and controlling documents, ideally in support of a project team.
- Comfortable working with technical documents and reports, getting to know technical terminology specific to the engineering industry
- Previous experience in an engineering consultancy is preferable (but not necessarily essential depending on experience)
Our Project Administrator role is a part-time position (minimum 20 hours per week / 12 month maternity cover) based in our office in Reigate, Surrey. Some home working may be necessary in accordance with government COVID-19 guidance or company working practices. Our working environment is a flexible one to allow you a balanced lifestyle. Core working hours will be required to ensure sufficient contact time in the office.
- Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per year (40 hours per week) – Pro Rata
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid leave: 25 days + bank holidays – Pro Rata
Applicants should clearly state at the time of applying their preference of hours per week (minimum 20) and their preferred working days.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 4th October 2021.
Stillwater Associates reserve the right to close this advert before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.