Stillwater Associates is a civil engineering consultancy based in Reigate, Surrey that specialises in dams and reservoirs. Our current team consists of 6 engineers working from our Reigate office and 20 part-time engineers working from home offices throughout England and Wales. Our primary business is the inspection and assessment of large reservoirs followed by the design and supervision of remedial works to ensure public safety and compliance with the Reservoirs Act 1975.
This growing engineering consultancy requires a new part-time financial administrator to manage all commercial aspects of the company’s work and processes.
- Providing project and administrative support to both office-based engineers and remotely located engineers.
- Finance administration – Use financial management software (Xero) for generating invoices, preparing financial reports, processing sub-consultant invoices and staff expenses, preparing and managing purchase orders, completing VAT returns, reconciling bank transactions etc.
- Project management – Use time management (Harvest ) and project management software to manage the financial aspects of multiple projects including the management of client and engineer records, preparing time / expense reports, monitoring project performance etc.
- Assisting with the collation of financial and company data and the processing of supplier applications
- Arranging / booking staff travel arrangements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge and experience of financial management software (Xero or similar)
- Working knowledge of time management software (Harvest or similar)
- Working knowledge of project management software to manage client database and records
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Motivated and proactive team player who is also capable of working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
Our financial administrator role is a permanent part-time position (20 hours per week) based in our office in Reigate, Surrey. Some home working may be necessary in accordance with government COVID-19 guidance or company working practices. Our working environment is a flexible one to allow you a balanced lifestyle. Core working hours will be required to ensure sufficient contact time in the office.
- Salary: £12,500 per year (20 hours per week) – Days / hours negotiable
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid leave: 25 days + bank holidays
Applicants should clearly state at the time of applying their preference of days/hours.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by noon on Friday 14th May 2021.
Stillwater Associates reserve the right to close this advert before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.