21 October 2013
Stillwater Associates have been assisting the National Trust with extensive remedial works of the dam at Frensham Little Pond. The original dam structure at Frensham Little Pond was built in 1246 by the monks of Waverley Abbey, near Farnham.
Read all about the progress of the project on the National Trust’s project blog (link below) including details on when the bomb disposal unit turned up to investigate and deal with of a military-looking device found downstream of the dam. It was believed to be a No 77 British white phosphorous grenade and was probably used by troops on manoeuvres at Frensham in the Second World War.