Graduate Civil Engineer (Dams & Reservoirs)
About the role
- Carry out a wide range of studies and assessments for new and existing reservoirs under the guidance of a senior / principal engineer.
- You will be involved in all aspects of reservoir engineering projects, from concept through the design stages to the completion of construction.
- Preparation of outline / planning / detailed designs for new reservoirs and reservoir upgrade / remedial works, including the preparation of design drawings, under the guidance of a senior / principal engineer.
- Preparation of construction contract documentation in accordance with CDM 2015 (specifications, contracts, PCI, buildability statements, designer’s risk assessments etc.) under the guidance of a senior engineer
- Construction supervision/assistance under the guidance of senior / principal engineer.
- Carry out on-site level and dimension surveys.
- On-site supervision during ground investigations / topographic surveys
- Assist panel engineers with all aspects of their work as part of training towards becoming a Reservoir Supervising Engineer
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology or Geotechnical Engineering, or an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- You may have recently left university or have up to two years of experience
- You are passionate about dams and reservoirs
- Able to prepare engineering documentation including drawings and specifications. .
- Be able to work to project programmes and budgets and be understanding of client requirements.
- We would expect you to be self-motivated and flexible, ready to respond and adapt to new challenges.
- Since we are a growing business you will need to demonstrate that you have good interpersonal skills and are able to engage positively and collaboratively with your colleagues.
Stillwater Associates was established in 2008 and now offers a full reservoir safety service from inspection and advice through to planning, modelling, analysis, design, contract management and construction supervision. We work for a wide range of clients including water companies, local and national government, the Environment Agency, charities and other private estates in the UK and overseas. We also partner with other consultancies, both large and small, where our combined skills and widespread geographical locations add value to clients.
Stillwater Associates recently moved into a larger office space in Chapter House, Reigate, Surrey and are now looking to continue our company growth with the addition of several new technically strong engineers.
- Stillwater Associates is a civil engineering consultancy specialising in reservoir safety. Nothing else. You won’t be moved to other ‘civil engineering’ projects.
- We currently have a portfolio of approximately 400 reservoirs within the company which means we always have a fantastic range of reservoir projects of all scales.
- We are growing and you can be part of this.
- Our wide range of projects and large portfolio of reservoirs provide an excellent range of training opportunities.
- Training is hugely important to us and we are fully committed to getting you to the next step of your career. We’ve had great success with new appointments and reappointments to the various reservoir panels.
- We actively encourage staff to identify growth areas and projects which develop their personal skills and interests.
- We are a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do.
We will provide a very generous financial package that is based to your experience and a benefits package specifically tailored to meet your needs.
We will provide all necessary training, through in-house and relevant external courses, to enable you to flourish as an engineer.
We believe that it makes great business to choose how we work most effectively. It’s important that as engineers we come together to discuss our projects but we also work remotely and flexibly; enjoying the right balance.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact David Littlemore for a chat about the role.