Principal Engineer (Dams & Reservoirs)
About the role
- Oversee a wide range of studies and assessments for new and existing reservoirs
- Oversee the preparation of outline / planning / detailed designs for new reservoirs and reservoir upgrade / remedial works.
- Oversee the preparation of construction contract documentation in accordance with CDM 2015 (specifications, contracts, PCI, buildability statements, designer’s risk assessments etc.).
- Project management (manage project programmes, budgets, and staff on behalf of our clients)
- Construction contract management.
- Oversee the preparation of fee proposals and bid documentation.
- Oversee and interpret the results from on-site investigations (e.g., ground investigations, topographic surveys, leakage surveys etc.)
- Assist All Reservoirs Panel Engineers with all aspects of their work.
- Manage your own portfolio of reservoirs as a Supervising Engineer.
- Mentoring of younger engineers
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology or Geotechnical Engineering, or an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology or Geotechnical Engineering
- Chartered Status (CEng) with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Experienced member of the Supervising Engineer Panel
- Working towards becoming an All Reservoirs Panel Engineer
- Extensive civil engineering design skills including detailed design, structural / hydraulic / geotechnical design, inspection, site supervision and monitoring.
- Experienced with the preparation and review of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications, and contract documents. You will be responsible for all aspects of reservoir engineering projects, from concept through the design stages to the completion of construction.
- Able to review and assist with the preparation of successful fee proposals and bid documentation.
- Proven project management skills; you will manage your own project programmes and budgets and be responsible for all aspects of the project including managing project staff and liaising with the client and associated stakeholders.
- We would expect you to be self-motivated and highly flexible, ready to respond and adapt to new challenges, and able to bring new and better solutions to deliver great outcomes for our clients. You will also need to be flexible with time and be prepared to work away within the UK, or abroad, for short assignments.
- Since we are a growing business you will need to demonstrate that you have good interpersonal skills, are able to engage positively and collaboratively with your colleagues, and can build strong and lasting relationships with our clients.
Stillwater Associates was established in 2008 and now offers a full reservoir safety service from inspection and advice through to planning, modelling, analysis, design, contract management and construction supervision. We work for a wide range of clients including water companies, local and national government, the Environment Agency, charities and other private estates in the UK and overseas. We also partner with other consultancies, both large and small, where our combined skills and widespread geographical locations add value to clients.
Stillwater Associates recently moved into a larger office space in Chapter House, Reigate, Surrey and are now looking to continue our company growth with the addition of several new technically strong engineers.
- Stillwater Associates is a civil engineering consultancy specialising in reservoir safety. Nothing else.
- We currently have a portfolio of approximately 400 reservoirs within the company which means we always have a fantastic range of reservoir projects of all scales.
- We are growing and you can be part of this.
- Our wide range of projects and large portfolio of reservoirs provide an excellent range of training opportunities.
- Training is hugely important to us and we are fully committed to getting you to the next step of your career. We’ve had great success with new appointments and reappointments to the various reservoir panels.
- We actively encourage staff to identify growth areas and projects which develop their personal skills and interests.
- We are a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do.
We will provide a very generous financial package that is based to your experience and a benefits package specifically tailored to meet your needs.
We will provide all necessary training, through in-house and relevant external courses, to enable you to flourish as an engineer.
We believe that it makes great business to choose how we work most effectively. It’s important that as engineers we come together to discuss our projects but we also work remotely and flexibly; enjoying the right balance.
Please send your application to email@example.com or contact David Littlemore for a chat about the role.