Senior Dam Engineer
As a senior engineer you will be responsible for reservoir engineering projects, from concept through to the completion of construction. You will assist our All Reservoirs Panel Engineers with all aspects of their work and support other technical staff members with their projects. You will be responsible for managing project teams including mentoring of younger engineers and co-ordinating our extensive network of Supervising Engineers located throughout the UK.
Qualifications & Personal Skills:
We are seeking a senior engineer and a leader with strong technical competence and experience in dams and reservoir engineering with the following desirable attributes:
- Chartered (MICE) with up to date knowledge and experience of relevant dams and reservoirs legislation, guidance, design codes, and current health & safety legislation.
- Confident with the preparation of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications and contract documents, you will manage your own project programmes and budgets. You will be responsible for all aspects of reservoir engineering projects, from concept through the design stages to the completion of construction.
- Membership of the Supervising Engineer Panel is preferred but not essential.
- Since we are a small and growing business you will need to show us that you have good interpersonal skills, able to engage positively with your colleagues, and to build strong and lasting relationships with our clients.
- Able to assist with the preparation of fee proposals and bid documentation.
- We would expect you to be self-motivated and highly flexible, ready to respond and adapt to new challenges, and able to bring new and better solutions to deliver great outcomes for our clients. You will also need to be flexible with time and be prepared to work away within the UK or abroad for short assignments.
We promise to ‘immerse’ our team in everything related to Reservoir Safety. As a small business we provide a fun flexible working environment and we actively encourage staff to identify growth areas and projects which develop their personal skills and interests.
We will provide the necessary training, in-house and through relevant external courses, to enable you to flourish as an engineer and reach your full potential. If you have the desire to become a Supervising Engineer and then ultimately an All Reservoirs Panel Engineer then we will do everything we can to help you achieve this goal. If you have a specialist skill set that you want to develop then we will explore this with you and build our business around your skills.
We will provide a generous financial package that is based to your experience and a benefits package tailored to your needs.
If you are interested about joining our great team then please send us your CV and any covering letter through our company page on the Indeed recruitment website. LINK HERE